Pages

Wednesday 11 April 2012

A blog!

A blog! A blog. I've never seriously thought about blogging before. To some degree it goes against my natural instincts which are much more notebook-based rather than computer and internet-based. However, I read a lot of things and I do a lot of thinking and I scribble things down in a book (or not, as the case may be), and I've recently started to think that it's a shame that I never do anything with those musings. I suspect that publishing them in a public place will help me to put my thoughts together in a more critical and reasoned way. It might seem counterintuitive to start writing a blog during the final three months of my PhD, but I spend a lot of time on my own in front of a computer at the moment and with that comes an inevitable amount of thinking. There's also a lot that I've learnt at work that would have made my life considerably easier if I'd not had to figure it out myself, and I would like to make those things publicly accessible.

In a sense I suppose I am trying to make my learning experience public - in an academic sense and in the sense of learning about myself and about life. And to not allow my ego to get in the way, by making my thoughts, feelings and even mistakes public!

No comments:

Post a Comment